The following are 10 simple yet very powerful ways to increase your sales significantly:
1. When you make sales, follow-up with the customers. Follow them up with a simple "thank you" email and include something you can give away as a bonus. Include an advertisement for other related products in that follow up email. Make sure to build a relationship with your customer so that they will come back for more service.
2. You could upsell to your customers. Upselling is a great way to increase your profit. Something complimentary to what they purchased or an upgrade to a higher quality service will be irresistible to the buyers who are serious about your product or service.
3. Ask customers who purchased to refer 3 friends about your business and in return give them extra bonuses, rebates, or coupons for next purchase. This will create a viral effect for your business, bringing in more targeted traffic due to word of mouth (online version) marketing.
4. Give your customers the option of joining an affiliate. Give your customers 50% commission or discount on their next purchase as compensation for their effort. Affiliate marketing is a great way to bring in more traffic with small effort on your part.
5. Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to your products. When you do this you make money from selling the rights and you could also put a link or an ad for your other products and make sales in the back end, again leveraging the power of affiliate marketing.
6. You could cross promote your product with other business owners through joint venture partnership. You can create a package deal where you place an ad into other business' product and vice versa.
7. When you deliver your product, include newsletters or flyers/ads for other related product/service they might enjoy as a package deal.
8. Send your customers a catalog of add-on products for the original product they purchased. This could be upgrades, special services, attachments, etc. If they enjoy your product they will buy the extra add-ons.
9. Sell gift cards or certificates for your products. You can cash in after they purchase one of your products from any one of your sites you have.
10. Send customers unexpected bonus with their purchase. The element of surprise will bring back the same customer to your site to purchase more from you.